5 Tips to Consider for Your Digital Signage Advertising
Marketing is never a simple concept. Businesses always have to strive to produce elaborate ads that really demand attention and get their consumers taking notice. With this in mind, digital signage advertising has the ability to do what traditional flyers and posters can’t do: create an interactive experience. Regardless of your industry, digital signage provides an outlet for businesses to show why they are the better choice than their competitors.
If employing digital signage is the next step for your company, then be sure that you give deep consideration for the following steps.
1. Select a Digital Signage Model Suitable for Your Industry
Digital signage options are pretty diverse. A signage at the airport is different than one you will see at a retail store. Some are meant to provide information, while others deliver a more feature-rich experience and may come with touchscreen or even motion sensor capabilities. Ask yourself who your consumers are and the kinds of ads they may best respond to.
2. Identify Your Goal
What is it that you are trying to achieve with your digital signage advertising? Do you plan on using it to give special attention to a specific product? Or do you just want to use it to show random ads throughout the day or merely use it as an information source? Once you identify your goal, you can produce digital signage advertising suitable for your campaign.
3. Content is Everything
Even the most high-tech digital signage display will be useless without good content. What kind of content will deliver your message in a memorable way? Using texts, images and videos are a start but it shouldn’t end there. To deliver the right content, you really have to know who your target audience is.
Consider the following content for the following types of audience:
- Children – Incorporate an interactive adventure using a touchscreen display. This should not only get the child immersed, but should also be awe-inspiring enough to get the parent to shoot a picture of their child engaged in the experience.
- Travelers – For places like airports and subways, content should be more straightforward. There is not so much of a need for flashy graphics and videos. Touchscreen features should also be used to allow people to find the right platform or look up arrival and departure times.
- Women Shoppers – Digital signage advertising should incorporate social media feeds. Use sites like Pinterest to deliver visual content and show popular items in your store that are trending.
4. Digital Signage Advertising should Be Interactive
Really think about how your digital signage advertising can improve if your customers can engage with it in some way. This could be as simple as including a QR code or a touchscreen menu. However, several businesses have taken the interactivity to a whole new level. Several retail stores, for example, created a signage system that doubles as a digital dressing room where shoppers can see an avatar of themselves on screen dressed in different outfits currently sold in the store.
5. Managing the Content
All signage systems have a main control center. Consider a model that allows content to be stored and delivered automatically at preset and timed intervals. This greatly reduces maintenance time on your part. Most systems these days can also be controlled remotely via smartphone. If you have multiple displays, then the system can be hooked to all of them so that the messages shown are in sync with one another.
Digital Signage advertising represents the next step in promotional marketing. Businesses can now exercise a level of outside-the-box creativity that wasn’t available with traditional advertising.
Image source