Each of RetailMotion (“RetailMotion”), its Parent and Parent’s subsidiary companies (altogether “Phd Creative Group”) is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- How we collect and hold it;
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- Your right to access and seek correction of it;
- How you may complain about privacy matters; and
When you provide RetailMotion with personal information (any information by which you are, or may
reasonably be, identified), you can be assured that we will take all reasonable steps to handle it in accordance
with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. We may collect and maintain personal information about you, which includes but is not limited to your name, age, gender, addresses, email address’ and telephone numbers (“Personal Information”). We
obtain your Personal Information from the following sources:
- If you voluntarily provide us with information by any means, including by filling in forms on the Site, filling in hard copy forms or by emailing or calling us. This may include information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter’s and/or blogs, entering a competition, social media communication (whether one way or two way), joining our consultation program and/or in the course of any correspondence with us.
- Your commercial transactions with us or any of the other companies of the Phd Creative Group.
- Your browser, when you visit our Site and your browser interacts with us. This information may be processed by us using analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information only directly from you.
- Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
We collect Personal Information to conduct our business and to provide our services. If you do not provide the information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
Use of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes, any other purpose you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act. This may include using the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the content of our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To provide you with the information, products or services you request from us, including newsletters and emails;
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To administer our competitions and consultation programs;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To assess, process and manage your application for employment; or
- For complaints handling or data analytics purposes.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not give out any of your Personal Information to third parties except as required or authorized by law and as set out below.
We may pass the Personal Information that you have given us to other members of the Phd Creative Group, our affiliates and contractors who we retain to provide services for us (such as IT contractors, agencies, call centers, stationery printing houses, mail houses, storage facilities, lawyers, accountants, and auditors, who will need to have access to your personal information to provide those services) for any legitimate business purpose.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. However, we may disclose Personal Information if we acquire new businesses and/or sell all or part of the business (Personal Information may be one of the business assets transferred to the purchaser).
By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to us disclosing your Personal Information to such entities without obtaining your consent on a case by case basis.
It is not our current practice to transfer your Personal Information outside Australia and so we are unlikely to do so.
Protection of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that you have submitted via the Site remains confidential. We have strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of Personal Information. Where you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
You have the right to access the Personal Information which we hold about you and to correct any errors in your Personal Information (subject to any exemptions which may be applicable under the Privacy Act). It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct contact information for you. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible.
If at any time you wish for your Personal Information to be completely removed from all our systems, or if you just want to update any Personal Information we have about you, please contact us by using the contact form.
Please note, however, that we require certain key information from you in order to provide you with the services that you require and if you ask us to remove all or part of such information you may no longer be able to use or access this Site or parts of it.
Being included in and removed from our email newsletters
You will be included in our email newsletters mailing list (which may include special offers, competitions, new product arrival alerts and other communication related to our services or the products we offer) if you subscribe to our newsletters. You may unsubscribe from any mailing list whenever you wish and you will be promptly removed as per your request.
All our newsletters contain a link to unsubscribe. You will not receive newsletters from us again if you choose to unsubscribe unless you subscribe again in the future. In order to make our emails more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
The Site may contain links to other sites. Please note RetailMotion is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of any of those linked sites. You enter any linked sites at your own risk.
When you use the Site for the first time a cookie will be stored on your hard drive. The next time you visit the
Site (using the same computer) our server will recognise the cookie and provide us with information about your last visit. If you do not want a cookie to be stored on your hard drive you should select the appropriate options on your web browser. Please note, however, that this may prevent you from using the Site properly or at all.
IP Address collection and usage
Please note that by default all web server log files capture IP addresses. RetailMotion may use your IP address if required to help resolve problems with our server, administer our Site and track web usage. This information is used internally only and is not shared with anyone else.
Terms and Conditions
Please contact us by any means if you are in any way unhappy and we are sure we can resolve any problems or issues you may have. We will use reasonable endeavors to respond to you within 3 business days.
RetailMotion Pty Ltd
168 Willoughby Road,
Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
This Privacy Statement is current as at 19/11/2019